Entries for
ides_of_march.
Overall Author's Note: I cheated a bit on this... I'm using these for my fanfic100 prompts as well! Sorries ^^ Okay, 4x100 drabbles and a special drabble that is 315 words, in honor of March 15th. These are all a bit angsty, and for the life of me I don't know why. I'm not big on the angst, and I even set out to make Earth happy, but when I finished it I was like, "The hell did I write..." However, the next chapter of Jasmine should be out in a few hours and it shall have a happy ending.
Title: Spirit
Author/Artist:
oni_butterfly
Fandom/Pairing/Prompt: Scrubs/JDxDr.Cox/001. Elements(055. Spirit)
Rating: PG-13
Summary:: Losing Spirit.
Disclaimer: I do not own Scrubs or JD or Dr. Cox. Though, God, I wish I did.
Highlight for Warnings: Angst
Word Count: 100
Beta:
blueblade_rose and
arwoodk87
While I may not be an expert on relationships, I’ve been in enough to know this isn’t normal. Carla tells me that there is no such thing as a ‘normal’ relationship, but what we have is pushing it. Ever since we started this ‘thing’ as he calls it, it’s been a whirlwind. When he ignores me I feel like I’m drowning, but when he touches me I feel like I’ve been set aflame.
I’m constantly trying to stand on unstable ground, and if I don’t find a second to catch my breath I think I’m going to lose my spirit.
Title: Earth
Author/Artist:
oni_butterfly
Fandom/Pairing/Prompt: Scrubs/JDxDr.Cox/002. Earth (053. Earth)
Rating: PG-13
Summary:: I will never get the dirt out from behind my nails.
Disclaimer: I do not own Scrubs or JD or Dr. Cox. Though, God, I wish I did.
Highlight for Warnings: Angst, Implied Sexual Situations
Word Count: 315
Beta:
blueblade_rose and
arwoodk87
It’s taken eight hard years but I finally understand the hidden meaning behind the sarcastic words that Per-Dr. Cox always throws at me: “Congrats on not killing anyone today Gloria,” means ‘Good Job’; “Get the hell away from me,” means ‘I’ll see you later’; and “Today is not a good day to screw with me Penelope,” means ‘I’m going to page you as soon as you’re off so I can screw your brains out’.
It’s getting harder to hide from everyone. I want to shout it from the rooftops but he put a stop to that idea early on. Once, I asked him to break it off with Jordan, and his bitter laugh rings in my ears every time I think of repeating that mistake again. I want a real relationship instead of quick, heated, meetings that end with an uncomfortable ride back on my scooter, but I’m beginning to accept that that’s not a possible end to this parody of love story we have going on. Not when he has two kids to think about, and an image to think about even more.
Tonight, it’s a park. It’s the same park he brought his kids to that morning; I think that’s where he got the idea. A large row of bushes give us the perfect cover. While he pushes me down onto my knees, always facing away from him, I can’t help but dream of what it would feel like doing this on a mattress instead of a bathroom stall, the back seat of the Porsche, or a dirt patch at two in the morning. When we’re done, I consider telling him about all those things that I wish we could be.
“I will never get the dirt out from behind my nails.”
The worst part is while he completely understands everything I’m trying to say with that girly complaint, he stays completely silent.
Title: Fire
Author/Artist:
oni_butterfly
Fandom/Pairing/Prompt: Scrubs/JDxDr.Cox/003. Fire(052. Fire)
Rating: PG-13
Summary:: The last ones are better than sex.
Disclaimer: I do not own Scrubs or JD or Dr. Cox. Though, God, I wish I did.
Highlight for Warnings: Angst
Word Count: 100
Beta:
blueblade_rose and
arwoodk87
I remember him telling me the last ones were better than sex, but I never truthfully thought that he was speaking from experience. As I watch him, silent and invisible, from the other side of the crowded bar on the other side of town that he seemed to be hiding in as well, I realize that there is so much about my mentor I am clueless about. Dr. Cox seemed too logical to do something so foolish, but as I watch him light the cigarette, another ‘last one’ he tells the bartender, I realize that some things were above logic.
Title: Water
Author/Artist:
oni_butterfly
Fandom/Pairing/Prompt: Scrubs/JDxDr.Cox/004. Water(051. Water)
Rating: PG-13
Summary:: Hate, love, and some sort of emotion in between.
Disclaimer: I do not own Scrubs or JD or Dr. Cox. Though, God, I wish I did.
Highlight for Warnings: Angst-ish
Word Count: 100
Beta:
blueblade_rose and
arwoodk87
It’s almost midnight when he shows up on my doorstep. It must be raining, because he looks like a drowned rat. Before my sleep deprived brain can tell him so, he tells me he hates me: hates me for being me, hates me for doing this to him, hates me for being so damn persistent.
I say I’m sorry and that I love him.
Then, he kisses me, and even inside, protected from the harsh downpour, I’m drowning. Drowning in hate, love, and some sort of emotion in between that could only exist--and work--with the two of us.
Title: Air
Author/Artist:
oni_butterfly
Fandom/Pairing/Prompt: Scrubs/JDxDr.Cox/005. Air(054. Air)
Rating: PG-13
Summary:: I have to catch my breath.
Disclaimer: I do not own Scrubs or JD or Dr. Cox. Though, God, I wish I did.
Highlight for Warnings: Angst
Word Count: 100
Beta:
blueblade_rose and
arwoodk87
No matter where I go these days it’s like he’s always there. Before everything got weird, when I would look for him constantly, I could never find him. Now I can’t avoid him.
He told me it was a stupid drunken mistake. When I told him it meant more, he said he’d ‘let me off with a warning this time.’
He thinks I confused. How can I get him to understand that night was everything I wanted and how the hell am I supposed to get over him when he won’t leave me the hell alone?
I need some air.
Overall Author's Note: I cheated a bit on this... I'm using these for my fanfic100 prompts as well! Sorries ^^ Okay, 4x100 drabbles and a special drabble that is 315 words, in honor of March 15th. These are all a bit angsty, and for the life of me I don't know why. I'm not big on the angst, and I even set out to make Earth happy, but when I finished it I was like, "The hell did I write..." However, the next chapter of Jasmine should be out in a few hours and it shall have a happy ending.
Title: Spirit
Author/Artist:
Fandom/Pairing/Prompt: Scrubs/JDxDr.Cox/001. Elements(055. Spirit)
Rating: PG-13
Summary:: Losing Spirit.
Disclaimer: I do not own Scrubs or JD or Dr. Cox. Though, God, I wish I did.
Highlight for Warnings: Angst
Word Count: 100
Beta:
While I may not be an expert on relationships, I’ve been in enough to know this isn’t normal. Carla tells me that there is no such thing as a ‘normal’ relationship, but what we have is pushing it. Ever since we started this ‘thing’ as he calls it, it’s been a whirlwind. When he ignores me I feel like I’m drowning, but when he touches me I feel like I’ve been set aflame.
I’m constantly trying to stand on unstable ground, and if I don’t find a second to catch my breath I think I’m going to lose my spirit.
Title: Earth
Author/Artist:
Fandom/Pairing/Prompt: Scrubs/JDxDr.Cox/002. Earth (053. Earth)
Rating: PG-13
Summary:: I will never get the dirt out from behind my nails.
Disclaimer: I do not own Scrubs or JD or Dr. Cox. Though, God, I wish I did.
Highlight for Warnings: Angst, Implied Sexual Situations
Word Count: 315
Beta:
It’s taken eight hard years but I finally understand the hidden meaning behind the sarcastic words that Per-Dr. Cox always throws at me: “Congrats on not killing anyone today Gloria,” means ‘Good Job’; “Get the hell away from me,” means ‘I’ll see you later’; and “Today is not a good day to screw with me Penelope,” means ‘I’m going to page you as soon as you’re off so I can screw your brains out’.
It’s getting harder to hide from everyone. I want to shout it from the rooftops but he put a stop to that idea early on. Once, I asked him to break it off with Jordan, and his bitter laugh rings in my ears every time I think of repeating that mistake again. I want a real relationship instead of quick, heated, meetings that end with an uncomfortable ride back on my scooter, but I’m beginning to accept that that’s not a possible end to this parody of love story we have going on. Not when he has two kids to think about, and an image to think about even more.
Tonight, it’s a park. It’s the same park he brought his kids to that morning; I think that’s where he got the idea. A large row of bushes give us the perfect cover. While he pushes me down onto my knees, always facing away from him, I can’t help but dream of what it would feel like doing this on a mattress instead of a bathroom stall, the back seat of the Porsche, or a dirt patch at two in the morning. When we’re done, I consider telling him about all those things that I wish we could be.
“I will never get the dirt out from behind my nails.”
The worst part is while he completely understands everything I’m trying to say with that girly complaint, he stays completely silent.
Title: Fire
Author/Artist:
Fandom/Pairing/Prompt: Scrubs/JDxDr.Cox/003. Fire(052. Fire)
Rating: PG-13
Summary:: The last ones are better than sex.
Disclaimer: I do not own Scrubs or JD or Dr. Cox. Though, God, I wish I did.
Highlight for Warnings: Angst
Word Count: 100
Beta:
I remember him telling me the last ones were better than sex, but I never truthfully thought that he was speaking from experience. As I watch him, silent and invisible, from the other side of the crowded bar on the other side of town that he seemed to be hiding in as well, I realize that there is so much about my mentor I am clueless about. Dr. Cox seemed too logical to do something so foolish, but as I watch him light the cigarette, another ‘last one’ he tells the bartender, I realize that some things were above logic.
Title: Water
Author/Artist:
Fandom/Pairing/Prompt: Scrubs/JDxDr.Cox/004. Water(051. Water)
Rating: PG-13
Summary:: Hate, love, and some sort of emotion in between.
Disclaimer: I do not own Scrubs or JD or Dr. Cox. Though, God, I wish I did.
Highlight for Warnings: Angst-ish
Word Count: 100
Beta:
It’s almost midnight when he shows up on my doorstep. It must be raining, because he looks like a drowned rat. Before my sleep deprived brain can tell him so, he tells me he hates me: hates me for being me, hates me for doing this to him, hates me for being so damn persistent.
I say I’m sorry and that I love him.
Then, he kisses me, and even inside, protected from the harsh downpour, I’m drowning. Drowning in hate, love, and some sort of emotion in between that could only exist--and work--with the two of us.
Title: Air
Author/Artist:
Fandom/Pairing/Prompt: Scrubs/JDxDr.Cox/005. Air(054. Air)
Rating: PG-13
Summary:: I have to catch my breath.
Disclaimer: I do not own Scrubs or JD or Dr. Cox. Though, God, I wish I did.
Highlight for Warnings: Angst
Word Count: 100
Beta:
No matter where I go these days it’s like he’s always there. Before everything got weird, when I would look for him constantly, I could never find him. Now I can’t avoid him.
He told me it was a stupid drunken mistake. When I told him it meant more, he said he’d ‘let me off with a warning this time.’
He thinks I confused. How can I get him to understand that night was everything I wanted and how the hell am I supposed to get over him when he won’t leave me the hell alone?
I need some air.